Note: SLT was issued by Smartlands Platform Foundation, a Cayman Islands foundation which is an independent entity from Smartlands Platform Ltd.
SLT is an asset (token) on the Stellar network, therefore the best way to buy SLT is to use Stellar Decentralized Exchange (SDEX). Buying SLT on SDEX requires to have a Stellar account and a sufficient amount of XLM on your balance.
If you don’t have a Stellar account and XLM yet please choose one of the following options:
1. Create an account on StellarX and deposit USD or other cryptocurrencies to get XLM required to create an account as well as XLM to buy SLT.
2. Buy XLM and create a Stellar account:
- Buy XLM. SLT is a Stellar based asset (token) and the most liquid trading pair is SLT-XLM. To buy SLT with XLM, obviously, you need to purchase XLM first. To buy XLM you can go to any exchange from this list and choose one which is the most suitable for you in terms of payment methods, language, and other preferences. When you buy XLM remember that it is recommended to keep your XLM balance no less than 2,5 XLM (or even more if you plan to set many offers). Stellar network requires a minimum balance on your account that increases with the amount of trustlines (required to make any actions with any Stellar-based tokens, e.g. SLT) and outstanding offers. The minimum balance required to open an account is 1 XLM. Besides, you will need to hold 0.5 XLM for each trustline added and 0.5 XLM for each outstanding offer. Hold additional 0.1-0.5 XLM to cover the fees (0.00001 XLM per operation).
- Get an account on Stellar. Once you have XLM, you can create a Stellar account. First you should generate a keypair that comprises a public and a private key. After saving the keypair, transfer your XLM to a public key of your account. For this purpose you can use almost any Stellar-based wallet. Smartlands Platform developed its own wallet - Smartlands wallet. Once your XLM is transferred to your account, you can login with your private key and add trustline for SLT.
- Exchange XLM for SLT. Now you are ready to purchase SLTs on the Stellar Decentralized Exchange (also known as SDEX). Create an offer to buy SLTs with XLM. Your offer will be executed at the best available price, so you can set higher SLT price than the best ask offer available or you can set a limit order to buy SLTs and wait until somebody executes it.
To learn more about trading SLTs on SDEX, please review this tutorial https://smartlands.io/wp/2017/12/21/how-to-trade-on-sdex/