Once you've sent a cryptocurrency payment from Smartee to an external crypto address, transfer details (such as the amount of crypto sent, sending/receiving crypto address, the date of transfer) can be found on the blockchain. This information is then publicly available and given its own transaction ID.
At times, the recipient of your cryptocurrency transfer may request this transaction ID from you - typically to confirm you've sent the payment successfully.
How to find the transaction ID
- Visit blockchain.info, etherscan.io, stellar.expert/explorer/public or an alternative public blockchain explorer to view and search all previous crypto payments made on the blockchain.
- In the 'Search' area, you'll need to enter information that is specific to your crypto transaction. This is usually the crypto address you made the payment to.
- When you select 'search', all crypto transactions that involve that address will be displayed, newest to oldest.
- The easiest way to navigate to your particular transaction is to use your browser's 'Find' feature to search for the exact crypto amount you sent. This is usually under 'Edit > Find', or you can use the keyboard shortcut Command + F (macOS) or Control + F (Windows).
- Once you have located your transaction, the transaction ID is displayed as a long string of letters and numbers in the grey bar above the transaction amount
- To view the full details of the crypto payment, click the transaction ID link.