An unconfirmed transaction means that the transaction has not been included in a block and thus has not been completed. Most recipients require at least one confirmation to complete the transaction, including Smartee.
Common reasons for unconfirmed transactions are:
- You have just made the transfer. The network needs at least 10 minutes, on average, to include the transaction in a block;
- The blockchain fee is too low or absent. The lower the blockchain fee, the lower your transaction's priority in the network. Therefore, the longer the confirmation will take;
- The network is overloaded. Due to its limited capacity, the network simply cannot process transactions fast enough, especially during high transaction periods.
If your transaction is unconfirmed, usually you just need to wait. Most transactions get completed within a day or two (or more if the blockchain is overloaded).
In rare cases, transactions with a low or absent fee may get stuck in unconfirmed status for over a week. In such situations, we recommend the following options:
- You can accelerate your transaction. Search for a suitable solution online, or ask our support team for recommendations;
- You can wait. Your transaction will either be confirmed eventually or expire/get 'forgotten' and returned to the source wallet. This might take up to 14-21 days.
The options above only apply to transactions sent from Smartee wallets. If your transaction from an external financial service to a Smartee wallet has gotten stuck, please contact the service provider.